If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Local fresh sweet corn with salty bacon make a very nice combination w some cilantro and avocado tobring some refresheness for the warm whether. —Sandra
- 6 ears corn, chucked and cut off the cob
- 2 tablespoons butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small shallots,sliced
- 1 hass avocado, ripe,cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup slab of bacon, chopped into small square pieces
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute the shallots and the corn kernels in butter for few minutes, add 4 cups of water and let simmer for about 10 minutes. let it cool, transfer to a blender and blend it until creamy. add a little more water if needed. Season w salt and pepper. to make the salsa, fry the bacon in a sauté pan until crispy, let it cool a bit, mix w the rest of ingredients . Serve the soup hot or chill and top it with the salsa.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup