If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was a case of leftovers-meet-brunch need. Leftover salmon filled in for tuna of the typical tuna melt, and bulked up with veggies. Another bonus: it's do-ahead up to actual cooking. —RonnieVFein
- 4 slices whole wheat or multigrain bread
- 3 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 16 thin slices zucchini
- 8 slices tomato
- 8 ounces cooked salmon
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly toast the bread and place the slices on a baking sheet.
- Blend the butter and dill together and spread in equal amounts on the bread slices.
- Top each slice with zucchini and tomato slices.
- Crumble the salmon into chunks and place equal amounts over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle each sandwich with the mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle each sandwich with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe