If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 mini Portuguese rolls
- 1/2 pear, thinly sliced
- 8 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 radishes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- 4 thin slices of ham
- 2 tablespoons sliced almond
- First prepare the pears. Make a marinade, 6 tbsp lemon juice mix with honey and a pinch of salt. Put thinly sliced pears in the marinade and leave them while you prepare the rest of the stuff.
- Combine together cucumber, radishes, feta cheese and dill. Season with salt if needed, feta cheese is very salty so add salt carefully! Add pepper, 3 tbsp olive oil and remain 2 tbsp lemon juice. Mix well everything.
- Form two messy piles of ham (each made from two slices). Put some olive oil on them, rub it in and cover with sliced almonds. Heat your skillet over a high heat and put your ham piles in a hot skillet. Cook them for 3 minutes on both sides or until almonds are golden brown and crunchy. Watch your almonds so they don’t burn! Set a side.
- Slice your rolls in half lengthwise. Remove some of the insides of the bottom half to create a place for the filling.
- Now you can start to assemble!
- Spoon the cucumber and feta mixture on the bottom half of the rolls. Put the almond ham on top of it. Add pear slices on top of everything. Put some pepper on pears. Cover it with other half of your roll.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe