If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 rib eye steak
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Finishing salt, I used Maldon
- 5 stems thyme
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 handful arugula
- 1 plum tomato, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- Small bunch chives, finely chopped
- Small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard with seeds
- 2 big slices rye bread
- When I prepare the meat for grilling I marinate it over night. Salt, pepper and a tablespoon of good mustard. Rub everything thoroughly in the meat, add enough olive oil to cover the meat, put a lid on and leave it in fridge over night. Don’t forget to bring the meat to the room temperature before grilling! Grilling time depends on how you like your steak to be cooked. After grilling let it rest for 5 minutes, covered with tin foil. Please, don’t forget the rest, there is nothing worse than blood on your plate!
- Prepare to cut your steak. On your cutting board, toss some finishing salt, thyme leaves and 2 tbsp olive oil. Put the steak on that, cut it in slices, mix a little, make sure all the slices are covered with salt, thyme and olive oil.
- Prepare the Tomato salsa. Toss tomato, scallion, chives and parsley together. Add salt, pepper, one tablespoon lemon juice and one tablespoon olive oil. Mix to combine.
- Mix arugula with one tablespoon of olive oil. Seat aside.
- Prepare the mustard aioli. Combine mayonnaise, mustard, one tablespoon lemon juice and one remaining tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread and cut the slices in half. You need one halved slice of bread for one sandwich.
- Now assemble your sandwich.
- First you can dip inner side of the bread in that wonderful juice left from meat, thyme and olive oil on your cutting board. Now put some mustard aioli on the bread.
- Toss the arugula, put some tomato salsa on it, top with steak slices. Cover with other slice of bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe