If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love salads but often get stuck in ruts, so I search the web for inspiration. I saw a picture of this salad, but there was no recipe included so I decided to do my best at reproducing the image and this is what I came up with, a fresh, crunchy summer salad that is light on the palate and a heavenly combination of sweet and savory. —nycnomad
- 6-8 Radishes (Large)
- 1 Fennel Bulb
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Dill
- 1-2 teaspoons Sesame Seed (Black)
- 2-3 tablespoons Feta Cheese (Optional)
- 1/2 Valencia Orange
- 1/2 teaspoon Honey (Optional)
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Using a mandolin, shred the fennel and radishes as if you were making a slaw. If you don't have one just julienne the radish an cut the fennel into fine strips and place in a bowl. Discard the stems and frond of the fennel or reserve for another recipe.
- Coarsely chop the dill and add to the radish and fennel mixture.
- Add the sesame seeds and toss into the mixture.
- In a small jar squeeze the juice from 1/2 of an orange. If the oranges are in season they will be sweet enough such that the honey is not necessary.
- To the OJ add the vinegar, olive oil, honey (if using) and salt and pepper. Place a lid on the jar and shake to blend.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss lightly until the dressing has been evenly distributed.
- If you like you can top this salad with some crumbled feta. I find a sharp feta works better than a creamy or salty cheese.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad