If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Peanut butter and jelly brown rice crispy bars - you really can’t beat a blend of salty, buttery nuts with sweet, syrupy preserved fruit. —Twin Tastes
Makes 18-20 bars
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups brown puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sea salt (or your favorite finishing salt)
- In a deep saucepan over medium heat, add the butter. Once melted stir in the marshmallows and stir with a wooden spoon until melted. Add the peanut butter and vanilla, remove from heat, and stir to combine. Stir in the puffed brown rice cereal and make sure all pieces are evenly coated.
- Spoon half of the mixture into a greased 9×9-inch pan and press down with parchment to create an even, flat base. Pour the jam on top and spread an even layer across. Spoon the other half of the peanut butter and crispy rice mixture on top of the jam and push down with the parchment until evenly flat. Place in the refrigerator to cool completely, about 35 minutes. Cut into pieces and serve. Makes 18-20 bars, depending on how large you would like them.