If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This tart is a quick weekday dessert that you can easily put together. Or weekend party food, or game day dessert, because the tart really looks and tastes way more than how you make it! After all, who doesn’t love puff pastry?! —Oh Sweet Day!
Serves: 4 to 6
cups cherries, pitted
cup granulated sugar
piece thawed puff pastry, around 6x10 inches
piece egg, lightly beaten
- To prepare filling, combine the cherries, sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan over medium-low heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and a tablespoon of water into paste. Add the mixture to the cherries. Keep cooking until it thickens. Allow the cherry filling to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Roll the puff pastry to enlarge it a little bit. Spoon the cherry mixture on top of the puff pastry sheet, leaving one inch boarder. Roll the boarders inward to create a dent.
- Brush the pie with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until pastry puffs up and turns golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Or sprinkle some icing sugar and serve it plain.