If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've used my got-to cashew cream in lieu of heave cream to make a rich, creamy pasta sauce that no one would ever know was dairy-free. —thesinglebite
Makes enough for 2 pasta dishes
- 1/4 cup raw cashews soaked 4-8 hours (go with 8 if you don't have a high powered blender)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree (or more if you like)
- pinches ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add soaked cashews and 2/3 cup water to a blender. Puree until smooth. Should be the consistency of heavy cream and should yield about 1 cup of cashew cream. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add shallot and sage. Saute a 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in vegan butter, then pumpkin and add the cashew cream. Simmer about 5 minutes or until it thickens slightly.
- Add in nutmeg, salt and pepper and serve over pasta.