If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Perfectly timed to Thanksgiving, try this delicious Wild Mushroom Stuffing recipe from Atkins!
*Recipe from The New Atkins Made Easy by Colette Heimowitz, VP of Nutrition at Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. —Atkins Nutritionals, Inc.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sliced shallots
- 9 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds assorted mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Madeira wine
- 9 servings Atkins Cuisine Bread, torn into 1 1/2 in pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter an 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper; cook until mushrooms release moisture and the moisture evaporates, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in Madeira; cook until liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Place mushroom mixture in a large mixing bowl. Add bread, parsley and thyme; toss gently.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together broth, cream and egg; pour over mushroom mixture and toss to coat. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake until golden and set, about 45 minutes.
More Great Recipes: