If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this is a great winter and fall salad. it's great with duck, pork or even a hamburger. —sweet enough
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 firm apples, like gala or red delicious, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2-3 ribs celery, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 medium shallots, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- whisk together the mustard, orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper and shallot and slowly whisk in the olive oil and honey.
- place the cabbage, apples, nuts, celery and blue cheese in a salad bowl and gently toss in the dressing. don't add all the dressing at once. you may need more or less of it depending on the size of your head of cabbage.