If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Perfectly crunchy green beans with a little salty chorizo and crunch from toasted almonds. I keep the beans slightly underdone so they retain some bite. —Posie (Harwood) Brien
pound green beans, ends trimmed
tablespoon olive oil
cup sliced almonds
ounces fresh chorizo, casings removed and crumbled
tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Put a medium pot of salted water on to boil.
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water.
- While waiting for the water to boil, add your sliced almonds to a small pan and toast over medium-high heat (shaking often) for 3 minutes, or until browned and fragrant. Set aside.
- When the water comes to a boil, add your green beans and cook for exactly 2 and a half minutes. Drain the beans immediately and drop them in the bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Set the cooled beans aside.
- In a large pan, cook the crumbled chorizo for approximately 5 minutes (or until browned and cooked through). Spoon the chorizo onto a plate and wipe out the pan.
- In the same pan, heat your olive oil over medium-high heat. Add your minced shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes (or until translucent and soft).
- To your pan of shallots, add the green beans and chorizo. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the beans to a large bowl. Toss with the fresh parsley and toasted almonds, then serve hot.