If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This stir-fried vegetable rice calls for onion, carrots, frozen peas and green onion stalks. No eggs. No other vegetable. Just as simple as that. You’ll also need soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce, and of course, Basmati rice. —Sharon @ savormania
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 green onion stalks
- Combine the basmati rice and water in a saucepan and bring it to boil with the lid on. Make sure not to add any salt; the soy sauce used later on makes the dish salty enough. When boiling, reduce the heat to very low and let the rice simmer for 15 to 20 minutes with the lid on. Set aside when ready.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil on medium-high heat. Dice the onion and stir-fry the onion until it becomes translucent, but don't let it burn or become golden. Meanwhile, chop the carrots and put them with a bit of water in a bowl and microwave them for 3 minutes. Add the frozen peas to the bowl of carrots and microwave for 1 more minute. Drain the carrots and peas and add to the onions.
- Add soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the rice and stir-fry it for 5 to 7 minutes until fragrant and each grain is well coated in the sauces.
- Serve the rice in bowls and top with chopped green onion stalk.