If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When winter starts to feel drab and dark — around January — I like to find seasonal ingredients to make a vibrant and cheery salad. This one's full of Vitamin C and other essential nutrients that fortify and restore. —theseasonedtraveler
- 1 chicory, base removed & leaves washed
- 2 small oranges, top and base cut off, side peels sliced off and cut into round slices, and white cores in middle removed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, slightly crumbled
- Seeds of 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate syrup (or substitute honey)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Chop the chicory leaves into thirds and combine in a large bowl with the orange slices, walnuts, and pomegranate seeds.
- For the vinaigrette, mix red wine vinegar, pomegranate syrup, salt & pepper. Whisk in the olive oil until emulsified; taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Drizzle over the salad and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes