If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is great to make ahead of time for dinner or for a light lunch. I call this recipe caesar salad on steroids. I've added a nutritional boost by swapping iceberg lettuce for kale, croutons for crispy chickpeas, and swapping mayo for nutritional yeast and olive oil. I've also added my beloved egg for additional protein and juicy tomatoes for a pop of color. —francesca
- 1 bunch Lacinato Kale
- 4 Cocktail Tomatoes
- 1 cup Cooked Chickpeas
- Shredded Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg, halved
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Dijion Mustard
- Juice of a Half lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Nutritional Yeast
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook chickpeas or if using canned rinse chickpeas and dry. Lay chickpeas out on a flat baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with garlic powder and sea salt. Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven when done to cool.
- Rinse kale and de-stem the leave from the stem. Chop and place the de-stemmed kale large bowl. Using your hands, add a touch of olive oil, enough to coat your hands, and massage kale for a few minutes. This should roughly take about 3-5 minutes until the leaves are softened. The motion should be similar to kneading bread dough.
- Large dice the tomatoes and add them to the bowl along with the cooled chickpeas.
- To make the dressing add the garlic, mustard, olive oil, sea salt, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice to a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over salad. Garnish with freshly cracked black pepper, hard boiled egg, and as much shredded pecorino cheese as you'd like.