If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I take lowly mushrooms and transform them into the most delicious mushroom munchies. This dish is perfect for game night and ideal as an after school snack. —Elle Green
Makes 3 dozen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Fontina cheese, grated
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 5 sprigs thyme (leaves only), finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup chanterelle mushrooms, diced
- 3 ounces water
- vegetable oil
- Place dry ingredients and herbs in a mixing bowl, stirring well. To that, add mushrooms and cheese, creating a small well. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and water and pour into the well, stirring to fully incorporate batter.
- Place pot over medium-high heat and add cooking oil. Once oil has reached 350° F, using a #100 ice cream scoop, lower mushroom batter. Resist the urge to over crowd the oil. Allow munchies to cook approximately 1-2 minutes. Using tongs or a kitchen spider, carefully remove and enjoy immediately.