If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Loads of kale is the perfect excuse for eating delicious cheese and garlicky bread while still feeling "healthy." This recipe uses a minimum of oil and an open pan to sautéed the kale avoiding the sogginess that often comes with kale. The garlic gets toasty and the texture is just right. Then at the end you can moisten it to your liking with olive oil. —meganvt01
Makes 6-8 crostini - depending on size
- 1 Large bunch lacinto kale ribs removed and cut into thin strips
- 2 Cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- 1 Baguette
- 2 Cloves garlic, slightly smashed
- 2 Balls of burrata cheese. Carefully sliced into quarters
- Olive oil and salt and pepper for garnishing.
- 2 tablespoons Pine nuts, toasted
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium. Add the garlic, red pepper, and kale stirring to allow the oil to coat. Sprinkle with salt. Sauté carefully for about 10-15 minutes - lower the heat if your garlic is getting too brown. It should get toasty but not too dark. Cook until the kale is tender but it will be dry and starting to get a bit brown. This is good :). When the kale is cooked remove from heat and add the pine nuts and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, slice your baguette on the diagonal and brush with olive oil on each side. Season with salt and pepper. Broil the slices until just lightly browned on each side. As soon as it is done, rub with the smashed garlic on each side. Discard leftover garlic.
- Top each toast with kale and a slice of burrata. Drizzle generously with olive oil to moisten the kale.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Restorative Recipes