If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The cashew-based mayo makes this a surprisingly hearty side dish or quick lunch. You’ll likely have more than enough of this creamy dressing. Use it as a crudité dip or drizzle it on roast veggies or nachos. —Kallee Lins
- 1/2 cup raw (not roasted) cashews
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (gives it a subtle cheesy flavour)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- Soak cashews in warm water for 2-4 hrs.
- Drain cashews and add to blender with oil, salt, nutritional yeast, vinegar, and agave. Blend for a few seconds. Add almond milk and blend until smooth. If not at desired consistency, blend in a tablespoon or two of cold water.
- Vegan mayo can be made ahead and stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
- red or white skinned potatoes
- 1 large shallot (or two small ones)
- 1 handful parsley, coarsely chopped
- dashes smoked paprika
- sliced cucumber and/or hard boiled egg to garnish
- Chop and steam potatoes. (As a general rule, I always steam my vegetables using a basket steamer if roasting or another cooking method is not required. It’s super fast and preserves some of the nutrients that would otherwise leech out during boiling.) While waiting for potatoes to soften, chop parsley and shallots, and boil egg if using.
- Assemble potatoes, shallots, and parsley while potatoes are still warm. Toss in a few pinches of coarse salt and fresh pepper, and place in the fridge to cool.
- Toss salad with as much vegan mayo as desired. Top with fresh pepper and a dash of smoked paprika. Garnish with egg and cucumber if using.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0