If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great all in one supper. Perfect for a chilly night in with a movie and a bottle of red. —Jimmy Hoxie
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
- 1/2 cup Diced Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 cups Cubed Butternut Squash
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Roasted Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 5 1/2 cups Hot Stock, either chicken or vegetable
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Baby Spinach
- Heat a large sauce pan or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the onion and butternut squash and sauté until the onion is softened and the squash has browned slightly.
- Add the rice, garlic, and sage and stir. Add the stock 1 cup at a time, stirring and allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding more liquid. Once all of the stock has been added, add the spinach, black pepper, and cheese and stir well. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and serve hot topped with the red bell pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Parmesan
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal