If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is more like a stew.
Back home in Croatia, my mom made first meal of the season from our garden. It was always some kind beans.
We eat with homemade bread as a complete meal.
- 1 pound green beans, cleaned, blanched and cut into 1 inch
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and dice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper
- 1/3 sunflower oil
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups vegetable stock or water.
- Heat oil and add flour, cook 1-2 minutes, you wont light color.
- Add garlic and shallot, cook 1 more minute.
- Add stock, tomatoes, beans, potatoes, carrot and parsley.
- Bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with homemade bread
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pan Dinner