If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fortunately ready-made polenta is now widely available in most Supermarkets. If you aren't able to find it, or prefer to make it from scratch, place 1 cup of cornmeal in a saucepan and stir in 4 cups of cold water. Whisk vigorously for 1-2 minutes to prevent the mixture from becoming lumpy. Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and cook until thick, about 30 minutes. Spread evenly into a lightly greased baking pan and chill until firm. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/grilled-polenta-spicy-cannellini-beans —Healthline
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 7 ounce jar roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt-free chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 14.5 ounce cans low-sodium diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 14.5 ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 to 2.5 cups water
- 1 16 ounce package of ready-made polenta cut into 8 slices
- Spray a large, heavy-bottom casserole dish with cooking oil and place over a medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sauté 3 minutes or until onions have softened.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds before adding the wine. Cook over a moderate heat until it has reduced by 3/4.
- Stir in red bell peppers and next seven ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 40 to 45 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Meanwhile, spray polenta slices with cooking spray and cook either on a stovetop grill-pan or under the grill for approximately 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve bean mixture over 2 polenta slices.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans