If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's easy for me to get into a rotisserie chicken rut on weeknights, but fish is just as fast and easy. This one-pan dish takes about 20 minutes start to finish. It's healthy, beautiful and delicious. It's pretty much everything I want, and need, from a weeknight meal. —Summer Miller
- 1 pound cod, trimmed into about 5 oz. sections
- salt and pepper
- 1 - 6 ounces jar artichokes marinating in oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 - 14 ounces can of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 - 15 ounces can of great northern beans
- 1/3 cup Kalmata olives, rough chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 3 strips lemon rind, cut into slivers
- 1/4 wedge of lemon
- Sprinkle both sides of the cod portions with salt and pepper. Take 2 tablespoons of oil from the jar of artichokes and heat in a deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened. Add the garlic and oregano cook for about 1 minute more. Add the tomatoes with their juice. Rough chop the artichokes and add to the pan along with the remaining oil from the jar. Give it a stir. Bring to a simmer. Add the Cod. Cook for about 5-7 minutes depending on how thick your cod is, but really until the fish flakes. Rinse and drain beans. Add to pan along with capers, Kalmata olives. Add the juice from a wedge of lemon. Garnish with slivered lemon zest. It should be brothy and delicious. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans