Healthy comfort food! Soba noodles are an exciting change from regular pasta and they add so much flavor to the dish.
Healthy comfort food! Soba noodles are an exciting change from regular pasta and they add so much flavor to the dish.—Jacquilyn in the Kitchen
ounces soba noodles
tablespoons good quality olive oil
teaspoon dried oregano
zest of half a lemon
teaspoons fresh lemon juice
garlic cloves, minced
pinch each of salt and black pepper
cup sweet grape tomatoes, washed and quartered
large leaves of red swiss chard,washed, destemmed and sliced into thin strips
In This Recipe
- In a medium pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook soba according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Combine olive oil, oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- In a large saute pan, heat 1 spoonful of the olive mixture over medium heat for 1 minute. Next add the tomatoes and let cook for about 3 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to break down. Add the remaining olive mixture and swiss chard, cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add soba to the sauce, mix well and heat for an additional minute, then serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles