If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Healthy comfort food! Soba noodles are an exciting change from regular pasta and they add so much flavor to the dish. —Jacquilyn in the Kitchen
- 4 ounces soba noodles
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- zest of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch each of salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup sweet grape tomatoes, washed and quartered
- 3-4 large leaves of red swiss chard,washed, destemmed and sliced into thin strips
- In a medium pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook soba according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Combine olive oil, oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- In a large saute pan, heat 1 spoonful of the olive mixture over medium heat for 1 minute. Next add the tomatoes and let cook for about 3 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to break down. Add the remaining olive mixture and swiss chard, cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add soba to the sauce, mix well and heat for an additional minute, then serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles