If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Toss everything on a sheet pan, roast it to deepen flavors and add toasty crunchy to the pecans and top with a tangy vinaigrette! Yum! —garlic and zest
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 orange, zested and supremed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
for the vinaigrette:
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustar
- 1 tablespoon white or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet. Add the shallots and pecans.
- Cut the supremed oranges into chunks and add them to the asparagus. Drizzle the olive oil over the asparagus mixture and toss with your hands to coat. Spread the vegetables into a single layer and roast for 10 minutes. Use a spatula to flip the vegetables and return them to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Combine the orange zest, dijon mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk until emulsified. Set aside.
- Arrange the asparagus spears on a platter. Top with orange and shallot mixture. Spoon the vinaigrette over the top of the asparagus and serve.