If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious and simple meal that can easily be made for lunch or dinner. —Laura Malaski
For the Sweet and Spicy Sesame Sauce
- 1 tablespoon 100% creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
For the Tempeh, Kale and Mushrooms
- 9 ounces soba noodles
- 8 ounce tempeh
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms
- 1 small bunches kale
- 1 small bunches green onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons olive oil for sautéing
- Prepare sauce by mixing all ingredients in a medium size bowl. Whisk until creamy.
- I always prepare the ingredients first, put them in separate bowls and set aside, so slice the mushrooms, finely chop kale, finely chop green onions and set aside.
- Next begin to heat up water for boiling noodles.
- Heat a large ceramic pan with oil. Cut block of tempeh into about 18 thin strips. Season both sides with basil, sea salt and garlic powder. Sauté strips in pan on medium low heat until lightly browned turning them over at least once. You may need to add more oil as they cook. Remove from pan and place on a plate with a paper towel on it, this helps to reduce any extra oil left on tempeh.
- Sauté mushrooms in same pan with oil, coconut aminos, chili powder and maple syrup on medium low heat for a few minutes. Add in chopped kale and green onion and cook until the kale begins to darken. Chop up now cooled tempeh into bite sized pieces and add back to pan.
- Add entire packet of soba noodles to boiling water and cook for 4 minutes. Strain and put in a large bowl.
- Pour sauce over noodles and mix well. Top with kale, mushrooms, and tempeh.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles