If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A winter tomato recipe. The herbs are optional but highly recommended; use a single herb or any combination. —Nicholas Day
- Two 28-ounce cans of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 head of garlic, with the cloves peeled and smashed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- A few branches of fresh basil, thyme, or rosemary (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups farro
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 300° F. Drain and roughly chop the tomatoes, then toss with the olive oil, garlic, and optional herbs. Salt to taste. Spread the mixture in a large baking dish or a rimmed half-sheet pan -- the more cramped it is, the longer it will take to roast -- and roast for approximately 2 hours, turning occasionally, or until the tomatoes are sweet and rich and just beginning to dry out.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add the farro and cook it until al dente. Drain the farro and then toss it with the roasted tomatoes and garlic; add more olive oil if necessary. Shower with Parmesan cheese and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!