If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 smaller or 1 big leek, white and light green parts
- 7 ounces (200 g) spinach fresh or frozen, chopped
- 1 pound (2 medium) sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic and equal amounts of ginger , sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional but recommended
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme or 2-3 sprigs of fresh
- 4 cups water or stock
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Clean, cut and wash leek, wash spinach if you are using fresh and coarsely chop, peel and dice sweet potato.
- Heat oil and add leek, garlic, thyme, ginger and jalapeno. Cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach, parsley and sweet potato.
- Add water or stock, salt and black pepper.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve as it is or blend but leave some chunky, so you can use to garnish soup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff