If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Meaby unusual but very nice. —anka
Serves 4 first course meals
- 4-5 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons butter plus 1 tbs for finish
- 1/3 cup green onion, slice (3 green onions )
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup peeled roasted chestnuts, chopped ( 100 g )
- 1 apple, diced ( 1 1/2 cup )
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice for apples
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Grana Padano cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaves parsley, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring vegetable broth to boil, reduce heat cover and keep warm.
- Dice apple ( Pink Lady or Gala ) and sprinkle with lemon juice, do not peel, keep on side.
- Chop the chestnut and keep on side.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook about 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice, stir until rice is translucent about 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup wine, once the wine has reduced, begin adding hot stock a ladle at a time and stir, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding next.
- The whole process should take about 20 minutes.
- Last 4-5 minutes of cooking add diced apples and chopped chestnut, chopped thyme and basil.
- Remove from stove and season with salt and freshly ground pepper, stir in butter, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal