Author Notes: Meaby unusual but very nice. —anka
Serves: 4 first course meals
cups vegetable broth
tablespoons butter plus 1 tbs for finish
cup green onion, sliced (3 green onions )
cup arborio rice
cup white wine
cup peeled roasted chestnuts, chopped ( 100 g )
apple, diced ( 1 1/2 cup )
tablespoon lemon juice for apples
teaspoon fresh thyme
tablespoon chopped fresh basil
cup freshly grated Grana Padano cheese
tablespoons fresh flat leaves parsley, chopped
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In This Recipe
- Bring vegetable broth to boil, reduce heat cover and keep warm.
- Dice apple ( Pink Lady or Gala ) and sprinkle with lemon juice, do not peel, keep on the side.
- Chop the chestnut and keep on the side.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook about 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice, stir until rice is translucent about 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup wine, once the wine has reduced, begin adding hot stock a ladle at a time and stir, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding next.
- The whole process should take about 20 minutes.
- Last 4-5 minutes of cooking add diced apples and chopped chestnut, chopped thyme and basil.
- Remove from stove and season with salt and freshly ground pepper, stir in butter, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal