If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Although there are plenty of store-bought vegan alternatives for products like sour cream, they are rarely satisfying. With just a few minutes of effort, you have a gorgeous cream that is indistinguishable for the common dairy-based variety. My dairy queen roommate even proclaimed in amazement, “I’m eating sour cream!” I promise you’ll never know the difference. —Amanda
Makes 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream*
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- pinches sea salt
- Drain the soaked cashews.
- Pour the cashews into a blender with coconut cream, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and salt. Blend until totally smooth.
- Chill until ready to use.
- *Note: Coconut cream occurs when the fat separates from the liquid. To get coconut cream, place a can of full fat coconut milk in the refrigerator. The cream will rise to the top and can be scraped off for this recipe.
More Great Recipes: