If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Recipe for pasta is adapted from Cassie from Back to Her Roots.
I used only half pasta for diner. —anka
Serves 4 appetizers or 2 entrees
Chickpea and flax seed homemade pasta
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 1 3/4 cups chickpea flour
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax seed and warm water. Set aside for 5 minutes, or until thick and gelled.
- Combine the flour and flax seed mix in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process for 60 seconds. It will look crumble.
- Dump into the bowl and knead the dough into a smooth ball.
- Divide dough in quarters and wrap, rest the dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper very, very thin.
- Cut into desired shapes and keep on floured surface.
- To cook, drop pasta into boiling water, cook for 3 minutes or until all pasta is cooked through.
- Drain and mix with sauce.
Cinnamon caps mushrooms sauce
- 4 ounces cinnamon caps mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Sate everything except wine for 3-4 minutes then add red wine, cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Mix pasta in the mushrooms and serve.