Author Notes: Contorno (side dish) Agretti have a textures similar to samphire and a flavour similar to spinach. They are a favourite in my house.
grams agretti, rinsed, large branches removed and discarded
garlic cloves, finely chopped
tablespoons tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
In This Recipe
- Remove the root end of the agretti.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt per 2 litres of water. Add the agretti and boil for 7 minutes.
- White the agretti are boiling, warm a frying pan over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil. When the olive oil is hot then add the anchovies.
- Once the anchovies have melted, 1 to 2 minutes, add the garlic and cook until the garlic slightly begins to colour, about 1 minute.
- Drain the agretti and add to the anchovy/garlic mixture, stirring. If your garlic is ready before your agretti, you can add a bit of the water the agretti are cooking in to stop the garlic from burning.
- Taste the agretti and see if you need more salt and add to taste. Drizzle the final tablespoon of olive oil over the top and serve.