Many vegetables can be cooked in this manner particularly greens and anything in the broccoli family.
Many vegetables can be cooked in this manner particularly greens and anything in the broccoli family.—woo wei-duan
grams broccoli, broccolini, broccoli rabe or turnip tops, washed and florets cut
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
garlic clove, peeled, and finely sliced
In This Recipe
- In a large saute pan, add the olive oil to the pan and heat over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic, anchovy, and chilli.
- Break up the anchovy with a wooden spoon and when the anchovy has disintegrated, remove the chilli.
- Add 50 mls of water to the pan.
- Add the broccoli to the pan, sprinkle with salt to taste and cover.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 7 minutes. Test the broccoli with a fork to see if it can be pierced easily. If it is not done yet then cover and cook a few more minutes. If it is done, give it a stir, taste to adjust the seasoning, stir again. Serve.