If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Many vegetables can be cooked in this manner particularly greens and anything in the broccoli family. —woo wei-duan
- 500 grams broccoli, broccolini, broccoli rabe or turnip tops, washed and florets cut
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 anchovy
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, and finely sliced
- 1 dried chilli
- Sea salt
- In a large saute pan, add the olive oil to the pan and heat over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic, anchovy, and chilli.
- Break up the anchovy with a wooden spoon and when the anchovy has disintegrated, remove the chilli.
- Add 50 mls of water to the pan.
- Add the broccoli to the pan, sprinkle with salt to taste and cover.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 7 minutes. Test the broccoli with a fork to see if it can be pierced easily. If it is not done yet then cover and cook a few more minutes. If it is done, give it a stir, taste to adjust the seasoning, stir again. Serve.