Author Notes: Many vegetables can be cooked in this manner particularly greens and anything in the broccoli family. —woo wei-duan
grams broccoli, broccolini, broccoli rabe or turnip tops, washed and florets cut
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
garlic clove, peeled, and finely sliced
- In a large saute pan, add the olive oil to the pan and heat over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic, anchovy, and chilli.
- Break up the anchovy with a wooden spoon and when the anchovy has disintegrated, remove the chilli.
- Add 50 mls of water to the pan.
- Add the broccoli to the pan, sprinkle with salt to taste and cover.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 7 minutes. Test the broccoli with a fork to see if it can be pierced easily. If it is not done yet then cover and cook a few more minutes. If it is done, give it a stir, taste to adjust the seasoning, stir again. Serve.