If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Everyone loves this dish and the flavour improves overnight so you can make it in advance. This is a very good salad which can be made quickly mostly from ingredients you might have in your cupboard. You can serve the salad with some toasted or grilled bread to top with the salad. It is best is to make this recipe with dried beans which have been cooked but it takes a bit of preparation so I wrote out this recipe separately in case you are pressed for time.
To see step-by-step illustrated instructions, please go to this page:
http://www.livingalifeincolour.com/recipes/insalata-di-fagioli-col-tonno-veloce-quick-white-bean-and-tuna-salad-toscana/ —woo wei-duan
- 2 tins of cannellini or borlotti beans (cannellini beans are prettier)
- 1 tin or jar (150 grams drained weight) good-quality tuna packed in olive oil, drain and discard oil
- 2 garlic cloves, remove skin and bruise
- 50 milliliters best quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green onion, rinse, and thinly slice
- 10 grams flat leaf Italian parsley, rinse, dry, and finely chop
- 10 leaves of basil, rinse, dry, and finely slice
- 1 celery stick, rinse, trim ends, and finely slice (optional)
- 3 tomatoes, rinse, remove core, and cut into 1.5cm cubes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- sea salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Mix together the beans, tuna, garlic cloves, olive oil, the green onion, parsley, basil, celery, tomato, red wine vinegar in a large bowl.
- Stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- The salad can be served immediately but the flavour improves as it sits. It can be made up to 1 day in advance and left in the refrigerator (don’t add the tomato and celery until just before serving). Remove the garlic before serving.