If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It doesn't get much greener than a green salad with a dressing made out of greens. This is a light salad that packs a lot of flavor. It's a commonly made salad in my recipe arsenal.
If you're making this ahead of time, the vinaigrette can easily be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for over a week. —Zoe
Balsamic Pesto Vinaigrette
cups Basil (stems removed)
tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
tablespoons Balsmaic Vinegar
cups Parmesan Cheese
pinch Black Pepper
ounces Baby Arugula
cups Cherry Tomatoes
cups Pine nuts
cups Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Combine basil, 1/4 cup Parmesan, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Blend until well combined with a consistent texture. It doesn't need to be smooth, but you shouldn't have any large chunks.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add half of the baby arugula and toss with the vinaigrette until well coated. Add the rest of the baby arugula. It's easier to get a consistent coating by working in halves. Extra vinaigrette will store nicely in the fridge for over a week.
- Plate salad and garnish with pine nuts and shavings of Parmesan cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff