If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A twist on a old favorite this pesto is made with fresh spinach, parsley, garlic, pine nuts, and asiago cheese. It's great on pasta and sandwiches or used as a sauce for chicken and fish. —Girl Gone Gourmet
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- In a food processor or blender first chop up the pine nuts and garlic, pulsing several times.
- Add in the spinach, parsley, asiago cheese, lemon zest and juice and salt. Blend until smooth stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl, if necessary.
- Slowly drizzle in ⅓ cup of olive oil while blending. You may want to add more depending on how thick you want the sauce. I added in one extra tablespoon, but do what feels right.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff