If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This French-Mexican fusion balances the textures and flavors perfectly in this crunchy, cheesy, chicken stuffed crepes served on a bed of remoulade sauce and topped with spicy, crisp cucumber salsa. —All that's Jas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup Sargento Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican
- a pinches of salt and pepper
- 8 chicken tender strips
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Sargento Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- CRISP CUCUMBER SALSA
- 1 seedless cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
- 1 samll jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- handful fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon each, lime and lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- REMOULADE SAUCE
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- CREPES In a bowl, beat the eggs, salt and milk. Add flour and mix to a thick batter. Add water and whisk until mixture is smooth and bubbles form on top, to the consistency of thin cream. Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to coat, about 1 teaspoon. Oil and pan need to be really hot. Pour batter into the pan with a ladle and angle/rotate the pan in circles to evenly cover the bottom of the pan. Cool for about 1 minute or until the first side browns lightly, then flip and cook 1 minute longer. Remove to a plate and repeat with remaining batter. Makes 8 crepes.
- BREADING In a small mixing bowl, pour hot water over couscous. Cover the bowl and let sit until couscous has absorbed all the liquid, about 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork and let cool. Mix in the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- FILLING Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped pepper and sauté for 3 minutes. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Turn off the heat and add heavy cream. Stir to completely coat the chicken. Add the cheese and set the mixture aside to cool.
- CRISP CUCUMBER SALSA Mix all ingredients and refrigerate until serving.
- REMOULADE SAUCE Mix all ingredients and refrigerate until serving.
- Preheat oven to 395 degrees Fahrenheit. Fill crepes by placing one heaping tablespoon of the chicken mixture in the middle of the crepe. Fold the sides of crepe over the filling then fold the bottom and top and secure with a toothpick. Coat the crepes in couscous breading and then remove the toothpicks. Place the crepe pockets on a parchment paper-lined baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes. To serve, place crepe pockets on remoulade sauce and top with cucumber salsa.