If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple-to-prepare soup really shines when asparagus is at its peak growing season. If you're making it during the winter, try substituting half the asparagus with broccoli for a more robust flavor. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/dill-and-asparagus-puree —Healthline
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 pounds asparagus, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot sprayed with cooking spray, sauté onions over medium-high heat until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in wine and cook until wine evaporates. Add broth, asparagus, and dill and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until asparagus is tender.
- Carefully puree soup in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return to pan and heat over medium-low heat until hot. Serve soup in warm bowls drizzled with olive oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff