If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Because of the colors, this was always made around Christmas and served with cream cheese and crackers. I've copied it just as she wrote it. Note her motherly tone: "Wear gloves when grinding the peppers. DO NOT FORGET!" —Chef Lisa
Makes about 5 pints
- 6 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ground red hot peppers (like poblano), seeds discarded
- 3/4 cup ground green bell peppers, seeds discarded
- 1 bottle fruit pectin, like Certo
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, and ground peppers in a saucepan. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Add certo and stir well.
- Pour into sterilized jelly jars and keep in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.