If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nothing says comfort like tomato soup and grilled cheese, this is just a hearty, healthy meal that warms the soul. —Jimmy Hoxie
Tomato Florentine Soup
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 cups Chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup Chopped Celery
- 1/4 cup Chopped Carrot
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 cup Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces Salt Free Diced Tomatoes
- 16 ounces Salt Free Crushed Tomatoes
- 4 cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pint Salt
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil and swirl to coat. Add the onion, celery, and carrot and sweat for a few minutes until they just begin to soften. Add the garlic and Italian seasoning and stir until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and stock and bring to a simmer. Once the vegetables are tender, adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and stir in the chopped spinach. Serve hot.
Grilled Cheese with Tomato and Basil
- 8 Sandwich Thins or 16 slices Whole Wheat Bread
- 8 ounces Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 16 Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, washed and halved
- 16 Basil Leaves
- Preheat a skillet, griddle, or electric grill to medium.
- Arrange the sandwich thin bottoms on a cutting board. Divide the cheese between the 4 bottoms. Divide the tomatoes and basil between the 4 bottoms and top with the top of the sandwich thin.
- Spray the top of the sandwich with the cooking spray as well as the pan, or griddle, or electric grill.
- Place the sandwiches, 2 at a time into the pan, or griddle, or electric grill, with the sprayed side down.
- Spray the top of the sandwich with cooking spray. Cook on each side for 3-5 minutes, or until the bread is toasty and the cheese is melted. Serve hot.