If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A light, crispy and absolutely satisfying delicious salad with a mix of tomatoes, asparagus, artichokes and beans dressed up in a lemony, champagne vinaigrette. —Always A Twist
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and cut into quarters
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and washed
- 1.5 cups cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/4 piece white onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 pound asparagus spears, chopped (roughly 10-15 spears)
- 2 pinches Salt
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/6 cup champagne wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup good extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 piece lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 pinches fresh ground pepper
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 90 seconds. Drain immediately and rinse under cold water for 30 seconds to stop cooking (or place in an ice bath for 30 seconds).
- In a bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine artichokes hearts, beans, tomatoes, onions and asparagus. Sprinkle with salt (to taste) and pour dressing over vegetables; toss everything together to coat all the vegetables. Finally, fold in pine nuts.
- You can serve this with toasted pita, garlic naan or grilled sourdough bread!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad