If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quick cooking pork chops served over a lemony salad. Perfect for a satisfying last-minute meal. My adaptation of an age-old Washington Post recipe —Linda O'Neill
2-4 Bone-in pork chops, trimmed of fat and pounded to cut depth in half
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano or dried Italian seasoning
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 1 cup canola oil
Salad & dressing
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups Baby arugula
- 2 cups Baby spinach
- Mix egg thoroughly with mustard, oregano,salt & pepper to taste. In separate bowl, combine panko and parmesan. Dredge chops lightly in flour, dip both sides in egg mix and then in panko mix. Place on rack to settle coating. Heat a cast iron frying pan with oil over medium heat & heat just until a bread crumb sizzles in the oil. DON'T OVERHEAT. Cook chops till golden brown, turning once. Approximately 5-7 minutes per side.
- Spinach & arugula should be rinsed and dried. Cut cherry tomatoes in halves or quarters. Combine with garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Blend & set aside.
- When chops are done, place on dinner plate. Add the greens to the tomato/lemon and stir to coat. Spoon the salad mix over the chops and serve