Author Notes: In our home frittatas and quiche are always a real easy way to use up ready-to-use ingredients as well as left-overs. Although our little girl loves most foods these creations are still simple ways to get the good healthy stuff in her! —JennT1981
slices bacon, diced
ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
cloves garlic, minced
cup red onion, finely chopped
teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
teaspoon fresh sage, minced
cup mozzarella, shredded and divided
cup sharp cheddar, shredded and divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk and half of each cheese; beat together and set aside.
- Heat a large ovenproof non-stick skillet over medium high heat and add bacon.
- Cook until crisp, stirring often, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel; set aside.
- To same skillet add spinach, garlic, red onion, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper. Cook stirring frequently about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and pour in egg mixture, gently stirring to evenly combine ingredients.
- Let cook just until edges begin to set, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Place skillet in preheated oven and continue to cook about 15 minutes longer, until a knife comes clean when entered into the center.
- Top with remaining cheese the last 5 minutes of cooking to brown lightly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe