If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ok ok, I know... this an old classic, one everyone grew up on and makes on the regular... except for me! Up until now, I had only had the classic spinach salad with warm bacon dressing, red onions, and hardboiled eggs ONCE! My family had a delicious, much different wilted lettuce salad (with hot bacon grease and milk dressing) in our lineup. Since the warm spinach salad is a new concept to me, I decided to run with it! —Loves Food Loves to Eat
cups fresh spinach
small red onion- thinly sliced
cups thinly sliced button mushrooms
crumbled blue cheese
hardboiled eggs- sliced thin
- Toss everything except eggs in a salad bowl. Make dressing, add bacon (listed in dressing recipe), toss, and add eggs after tossed.
Warm honey-bacon dressing
teaspoon yellow mustard
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoon finely diced shallot
tablespoons cider vinegar
salt and pepper
- cook bacon in skillet until crispy. Drain, chop, and set aside. Pour off all about 1 Tablespoon of bacon grease.
- whisk together remaining ingredients.
- warm 1 Tablespoon of grease over medium heat, add dressing, and whisk until combined and heated through.
- Pour warm dressing over spinach salad, add chopped bacon, and toss. After tossing, top salad with sliced eggs.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spinach Recipe