- Serves 2-4
Growing up during the summer time I remember often having this wilted spinach salad with eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and bacon in a warm vinegarette dressing and it was so good. I am always trying to recreate that salad each time using different ingredients to see what fits just right, usually everything does. —JennT1981
hard boiled egg, peeled and chopped
slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
fresh spinach, trimmed, clean and dry
cherry tomatoes, cut in half
stalks celery, sliced thin
white button mushrooms, sliced thin
blue cheese crumbles
glazed walnuts, chopped
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
- In a medium pot cover egg with just enough water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and remove from heat, let sit about 15 minutes.
- Cool egg in fridge until ready for use.
- In the meantime heat a large skillet over medium and add bacon.
- Cook until golden and crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove to paper towel to drain and cool. Crumble when cool enough and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine, spicy mustard, honey, shallot, salt, pepper, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar.
- Stir using a whisk.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking to emulsify the dressing.
- Pour dressing into same skillet that bacon cooked in and bring to medium heat.
- Scrape any bits from bottom using a wooden spoon.
- In a large bowl combine spinach, egg, bacon, tomato, celery, mushroom, blue cheese and nuts.
- Drizzle with warm dressing and toss gently to coat evenly and spinach begins to wilt.