If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my old favorite snacks was cheese and crackers – and even though I make raw, dehydrated crackers – sometimes a change is good. Beets with Dill Cheese is easy and pretty quick!! You can make nut cheeses or also called a raw cheese and use instead of dairy cheese – you may be surprised at how tasty they can be, no they don’t melt in the oven like dairy cheese! - See more at: http://www.jodiburke.com/recipes/beets-dill-cheese/#sthash.Hw2o0gTO.dpuf —jodiburke
Serves 1 meal
- 1 -2 Beets depending on the size – peeled and somewhat thinly sliced but not too think as you want to be able to pick them up easily without them folding in half. Once sliced place on plate or cutting board ready for the Dill ‘Cheese"f
- Dill ‘Cheese’
- 1 cup raw Cashews
- 1/2 cup Lemon
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- pinch Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon ground Black Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic chopped or minced
- 1/2 cup of Water (approx)
- Throw all ingredients into Vitamix or blender, add a little bit of water, blend on high and add a little bit of water as necessary. You do not want this thin, so just add a little water at a time.
- Once you have the right consistency, chopped up some dill and stir in (blending it in the Vitamix will make the cheese greenish in color and not leave any dill pieces).
- Spoon a spoonful on top of each beet and sprinkle a little more dill over for garnish. Enjoy!!