If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The season for zucchini have started, wonderful rehydrating vegetables. Stuffed zucchini are certainly required for the menu in these hot summer days. At the market I found a several types zucchini of different shapes, colors and sizes. That was to me extra motivating to prepare them so light, tasty and stylish, this time stuffed with dried porcini mushrooms. Enjoy the new vegetarian and gluten free attire for this „oldy but goldie“ dish. Enjoy your meal! —Ivana Prendic
Makes ivana prendic
- 5 pieces small zucchini (carved and the extracted middle diced)
- 200 grams brown rice (pre-cooked in salted water)
- 200 grams dried porcini mushrooms (steeped in a little water)
- 2 pieces bell pepper (diced)
- 4 pieces spring onions (chopped)
- 2 pieces carrots (grated)
- 1 piece Garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt to the taste
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 handful parsley leaf
- 100 milliliters Cold pressed oil, I use sunflower oil
- 1 piece egg
- 200 milliliters Yoghurt
- Preheat the oven on 200C
- Cook the rice in salted water. This is better to be done in advance because cooking brown rice can take. Since we often use it, I always have it cooked in advance upon greater amounts and keep it in the refrigerator (up to 5 days)
- On a little oil ad the chopped onions to stewed. When it gets a glazed look add up grated carrots and peppers sliced into cubes. It is enough 5-6 minutes to simmer.
- In the stewed vegetables, add the rice and porcini mushrooms with all the water in which they were immersed. 5 minutes is enough to simmer.
- Hollow the zucchini and removed middle dice and add near the end of the stewing with a handful of parsley.
- With this filling stuff the zucchini arranged on a baking sheet in a baking pan.
- Make a dressing of yogurt and eggs and pour it stuffed zucchini.
- Bake it at 200C for 15 minutes. Serve as a side dish or main course. Enjoy your meal!