If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves 2 as a main dish, 6 as a starter
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijion mustard
- 6 ounces Spinach, cut into ribbons if leaves are large
- 2 Large beets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 Thick cut bacon, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 Scallions, chopped
- 3 ounces Blue cheese, crumbled
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Hard Boil Eggs: Place eggs in a small saucepan. Cover with cold water by about two inches. Bring water to a roiling boil, cover pot, and turn off heat. Let sit for 9 minutes, then drain water and rinse eggs under ice cold water until they cool. Let eggs come to room temperature, peel, and chop.
- Make Dressing: In a small bowl or jar, whisk together remaining olive oil, red wine vinegar, and mustard. Pour over spinach and let sit while you assemble the remaining ingredients.
- Cook Beets and Bacon: - Preheat oven to 450F - Toss beets in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, or until beets are cooked through. Remove and let cool slightly. - In a small saucepan, cook bacon until slightly crispy. Transfer bacon to paper-towel lined plate
- Assemble Salad: In a large bowl, combine dressed spinach leaves, beets, bacon, chopped eggs, scallions, and blue cheese. Toss well, and adjust salt and pepper to taste.