If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bread cheese, or juustoleipa, is perfect for grilling, and after a short time over the coals gets beautifully melty without making a mess. Added atop this salad, along with caramelized, grilled peaches, fresh greens dressed in a basil vinaigrette, and topped off with hazelnuts, it makes for one fantastic, summery dish. And any salad that includes big pieces of warm, melty cheese is my kind of salad. —Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces juustoleipa cheese (bread cheese) cut into large chunks
- 2 Large Peaches, halved and pitted
- 4 ounces Mixed lettuce greens
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill to medium heat.
- Make the dressing: Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until well combined and emulsified, about 30 seconds. Alternately, place ingredients in a bowl and use an immersion blender, or vigorous stirring with a whisk to mix dressing.
- Skewer cheese pieces on wood or metal skewers for easier grilling ( if using wood skewers, soak them in water first to prevent them from burning). Place cheese skewers and peach halves (cut side down) on the grill and cook, flipping cheese occasionally, until cheese is melty and golden and peaches are beginning to caramelize, about 7-9 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce greens with the dressing to coat. Transfer greens to a serving platter.
- Slice peach halves into 4-5 slices each, then arrange evenly atop dressed greens. Arrange grilled cheese pieces atop greens as well, then sprinkle evenly with chopped hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit