If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A light, flavorful and nutrient-packed salad perfect for summer! —Laura Denby
- 1 cup Chopped Kale
- 1 bunch Red Lettuce
- 1 ounce Goat Cheese
- 3 Chicken Breasts, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Cherries, Seeded and Halved
- 3 cups White Vinegar
- 1.5 cups Water
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Salt
- 3 tablespoons Dill Seed
- 3 tablespoons Mustard Seed
- 1 pinch Crushed Red Pepper
- Bring pickling liquid (vinegar, water, salt, sugar, dill seed, mustard seed, crushed red pepper) to a boil, and stir to make sure all sugar and salt is dissolved. Allow the liquid to cool, then strain into mason jars and fill with cherries. Allow to sit in the pickling liquid anywhere from 1 hour to 12 hours.
- Bake chicken in a 350 degree oven for about 25-35 minutes, until cooked.
- Combine chopped kale, lettuce, goat cheese, chicken and cherries and dress lightly with vinaigrette of your choosing.