Author Notes: Grilled cabbage takes on a new look and personality paired with a salty anchovy sauce. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
Serves: 4 as a main dish, 8 as side
cup Olive oil
tablespoons Red wine vinegar
Anchovy fillets, to taste
Large head of green head or tender-sweet cabage
- In a food processor, combine olive oil, vinegar, and anchovies. Run processor until mixture emulsifies and gets thick. Taste and add more anchovies if desired.
- Add in shallot and give it a couple good pulses. Set aside.
- Get your grill nice and hot.
- Cut cabbage in half, taking care to leave an even amount of the core in each half. Cut each half into four pieces, again, taking care to leave a piece of the core in each one so it does not fall apart.
- Brush each piece of cabbage with a little olive oil on both sides.
- Place cabbage pieces on grill and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, until outer edges are nicely charred. Flip and repeat on other side. Transfer to platter.
- Drizzle anchovy sauce over cabbage and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Cooked Over a Fire