If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Grilled cabbage takes on a new look and personality paired with a salty anchovy sauce. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
Serves 4 as a main dish, 8 as side
cup Olive oil
tablespoons Red wine vinegar
Anchovy fillets, to taste
- In a food processor, combine olive oil, vinegar, and anchovies. Run processor until mixture emulsifies and gets thick. Taste and add more anchovies if desired.
- Add in shallot and give it a couple good pulses. Set aside.
Large head of green head or tender-sweet cabage
- Get your grill nice and hot.
- Cut cabbage in half, taking care to leave an even amount of the core in each half. Cut each half into four pieces, again, taking care to leave a piece of the core in each one so it does not fall apart.
- Brush each piece of cabbage with a little olive oil on both sides.
- Place cabbage pieces on grill and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, until outer edges are nicely charred. Flip and repeat on other side. Transfer to platter.
- Drizzle anchovy sauce over cabbage and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Cooked Over a Fire