If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Its a mix of arugula and spinach with avocado, grapefruit, macadamia nuts and shredded coconut with homemade grapefruit dressing. —BrazilianFlairintheUSA
- 2 medium ruby grapefruits
- 1 teaspoon finely grated grapefruit zest
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 Medium Hass avocados, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Salt a taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups arugula and spinach mix
- macadamia nuts a taste
- Coconut sheered a taste
- Using a sharp knife, cut the skin and all of the bitter white pith off of the grapefruits.
- Working over a bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the sections.
- Squeeze the juice from the membranes into the bowl.
- Transfer 2 tablespoons of the juice to another bowl.
- Add the zest, shallot and vinegar.
- Set the dressing aside.
- Season the avocado with salt and arrange on top of the spinach and arugula along with the grapefruit sections.
- Stir the oil into the dressing; season with salt and pepper. Garnish with macadamia nuts and coconut.
- Drizzle onto the grapefruit, avocado and mixed greens.
- Garnish with macadamia nuts and coconut.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut